The 2018 WALK to End Hydrocephalus season is in the books! And what a year it was. Thanks to the Hydrocephalus Association’s wonderful volunteers, 43 WALKS were held across the U.S., with more than 14,000 participants representing over 1,200 teams. The WALKs are projected to raise nearly $2 million for HA’s research, education and support programs!
Some of the WALK sites that posted increases in funds raised include:
• Atlanta – Ashley Magg, Larissa Olivieri, Karla Webber (Co-Chairs) – raised $32,600 – a 157% increase over prior year
• Baltimore – David Brucker, Sara Curran-Kellogg, Dave Kellogg (Co-Chairs) with Jodi Heston and Gina Moorhead (committee members) raising $50,000 – a 32% increase over prior year
• Cincinnati – Molly Kirstein, Eric Blom (Co-Chairs) – post a $58,000 total – a 66% increase over prior year
• Dallas/Fort Worth – Megan Redfearn Williams, Ryan Williams (Co-Chairs) – raised $45,000 – a 19% increase over prior year
• Northwest Arkansas – Kipp Coco, Jana Crouch (Co-Chairs) — $32,000 – a 42% increase over prior year
• Twin Cities – Michelle Egertson, Ashley Helberg, Tonja Niema, Dylan Johnson (Co-Chairs) $59,200 – a 32% increase over prior year
(Note: at the time of this writing all WALKS sites have not been held or post-event data entry completed – so there may be more sites with amazing results!)
Congrats to Our Highest-Grossing WALK!
A big thumbs up is in order for the Los Angeles WALK to End Hydrocephalus (Jennifer Pope and Cortney Pellettieri – Co-Chairs) for being the highest-grossing WALK for the third year in a row. The WALK to End Hydrocephalus is held concurrently with the LA Kings Beach Cities 5K/10K to kick off their 2018 season and to help support the work of the Hydrocephalus Association.
Congrats to Our Newest WALK Site!
HA’s newest WALK site, Des Moines, IA (Dhuha Tawil, Jacy Cowan and Katalina Kutsch – Co-Chairs) broke all records for new HA WALKS in markets of that size – with over 340 registered participants, raising more than $33,000! Congratulations to Iowa for this incredible inaugural WALK!
Our Newest Six Figure WALK Site
Now in its fifteenth year, the Denver WALK is expected to join the very exclusive list of WALK sites raising over $100,000! Special thanks and congratulations to Phyllis Rogers and Tiffany Meguire (Denver’s new Co-Chair!).
No WALK to End Hydrocephalus in your community? START ONE! Please call Randi Corey at (240) 483-4605 to discuss how you can start a WALK in your area.