COMPANIES AND CORPORATIONS – INCLUDE HA WALK SPONSORSHIP IN YOUR 2011 BUDGET!
by Randi Corey, Hydrocephalus Association Director of Special Events
Many companies and corporations are finalizing their budgets for 2011, including their marketing and charitable giving line items. Now is the time to include a Hydrocephalus Association WALK Sponsorship for 2011. With a wide range of sponsorship opportunities HA has a WALK sponsorship suitable for any company’s needs.
HA WALKs are a local effort to raise funds to support the efforts and mission of the Hydrocephalus Association. All HA WALKS are volunteer initiated and coordinated – volunteers committed to the mission of the Hydrocephalus Association. As a result, HA WALKs are an extremely cost effective fundraiser that maximizes the amount of funds raised for program services and research.
As a sponsor of one of HA’s 2011 WALKs, your company can gain meaningful exposure to strengthen your image as a caring corporate citizen, increase the visibility of your brand, and gain new customers to enhance your bottom line.
Your sponsorship of a HA WALK provides your corporation with valuable exposure through a variety of media. Depending on the level of your sponsorship, your name or logo will be seen via HA’s website, e-mail blasts, e-newsletters, printed materials (brochures, posters, T-shirts), and day of event activities. Corporate sponsors may also play a role in an event’s Opening Ceremonies and have an exhibit on the WALK site promoting your corporation and products!
HA WALK sponsorship (and participation) is a tremendous opportunity for your company to stand out as a business that cares about your community while gaining exposure that only serves to benefit your organization. In doing so you will provide vital funding necessary to support program services for those living with the challenges of hydrocephalus and research into the causes, prevention and cure for hydrocephalus.
Below are just some of the benefits available to HA WALK sponsors. All benefits do not apply to all levels of sponsorship.
- Sponsors logo to be part of local WALK tagline used for emails
- Placement of sponsor’s logo on local WALK website
- Inclusion in two e-mails sent to the HA participant database for the event site (sponsor’s message)
- Inclusions in pre-event press releases
- Inclusion in event newsletters distributed to the WALK site database
- Inclusion in presentation at local WALK Family Teams Kick-Off event (on presentation materials)
- Sponsors logo to appear on the following event materials:
- WALK Brochures to be distributed throughout the area
- WALK posters
- Event T-shirts
- Other customizable opportunities:
- Sponsor specific press releases
- 100-250 pieces of Hydrocephalus Association public education literature for use at your own company or to give to another company of your choice
- Volunteer leadership opportunities for your company employees
Day of Event Benefits
- Sponsor’s employee WALK team or leadership start/lead the WALK
- Media interview (if available)
- Logo recognition on route cards distributed to all walkers
- Minimum of four company banners on site (sponsor provided)
- Opportunity to make a brief presentation prior to start of WALK
- Opportunity to place an employee tent in a location of your choice
- Acknowledgement as event Sponsor from the stage
- Sponsor booth on site to distribute company literature or information (sponsor to provide staffing for exhibit)
Post Event Benefits
- Follow up press release
- Inclusion in follow up e-mail to all event participants
Sponsorship levels and benefits vary by WALK site.
HA WALK Sites for 2011 (as of 11/1/10 – this list subject to minor changes)
San Francisco CA
San Joaquin Valley CA
Boca Raton FL
Livonia (Detroit) MI
St. Louis MO
Washington Township NJ
Long Island NY
Austin/San Antonio TX
Salt Lake City UT
New WALK Sites for 2011:
Get in on the “ground floor” by sponsoring a brand new HA Walk by sponsoring on these events (list subject to change):
For more information about sponsoring a Hydrocephalus Association WALK in 2011 please contact Randi Corey at (919) 518-8283 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org