In this installment of our video blog series, Through a Mother’s Eye’s, Debby Buffa addresses the question of how to make the transition from a pediatric neurosurgeon to an adult medical team, which typically includes both neurology and neurosurgery. Make sure to read the list of resources included below the video.
- Health Care Transition Guide for Teens and Young Adults with Hydrocephalus
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Questions to ask your doctor: Questions for Teens and Transitioning Young Adults
- Adult Physician’s Directory
- Teens Take Charge (TTC) Page
- TTC Facebook Page
- TTC blog
- Conference Presentation: Transition of Care: The Challenges for Teens and Young Adults – Harold Rekate, MD and Debby Buffa
- Hydrocephalus Resource Library Article: The Pediatric Neurosurgical Patient: The Challenge of Growing Up
Hydrocephalus Resource Library Article: Who Will Care for Me Next?