Now you can take your entire hydrocephalus treatment history with you on your mobile device.
HydroAssist™ is the first mobile app that allows you to record and store your hydrocephalus treatment history and access it when you need it from your mobile device. Perfect for the individual living with hydrocephalus and the caregiver, alike, HydroAssist™ allows you to:
- Enter your current hydrocephalus treatments, including shunts, ETV, and ETV/CPC.
- Store multiple active treatments, for those patients treated with more than one shunt or with a shunt and an ETV.
- Record changes to each individual treatment, including a setting change to your programmable shunt, a setting change to your antisiphon device (ASD), or a surgical revision to your shunt.
- Make treatments inactive, allowing you to maintain a history of your past treatments.
- Enter information about yourself or, if you are a caregiver, about the individual with hydrocephalus in the About Me section.
- Store medical and emergency contacts for easy communication, particularly in the case of an emergency.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your data is stored on your phone. We do not collect or store data in a central database. Therefore, it is the user’s responsibility to back up your phone to your computer on a regular basis so that data can be easily restored, if needed.
Behind the App
HydroAssist™ was developed by an adult neurologist, a pediatric neurosurgeon, a medical app developer, and a representative from the Hydrocephalus Association. Meet the members of our team. The app was tested by a focus group consisting of individuals living with hydrocephalus, parents, caregivers, and the staff of the Hydrocephalus Association, allowing for feedback and enhancements at each stage of development. We are grateful for the community’s involvement in the development of the app and look forward to continuing to enhance the app with your feedback in the future.