If you’re a teen or young adult affected by hydrocephalus, we want you to know that you are not alone. Hydrocephalus can strike anyone at any time. Its primary treatment – the shunt – is far from perfect. Browse our teen and young adult pages to learn about resources to help you overcome the different challenges you may face. This is YOUR place for information and empowerment. Please come back often and share your feedback.
The Hydrocephalus Association provides essential tools and resources that enable you to have more control of your life. We provide the following documentation and can help connect you with resources for questions or issues you may encounter.
- About Hydrocephalus Booklet
- Hydrocephalus Diagnosed in Young and Middle-Aged Adults Booklet
- A Teachers Guide To Hydrocephalus
- Health Care Transition Guide for Teens and Young Adults
- Second Opinions
- Durable Power of Attorney
- College and Hydrocephalus
Would like the bolded words below to be graphic buttons with the text explanation next to it. See this https://www.michaeljfox.org/get-involved/donation.html
Knowledge: Learn about hydrocephalus, including treatment options and emergency medical situations.
Hydrocephalus Resource Library (HRL): Find educational articles about a variety of topics related to hydrocephalus.
Trending Topics: Hear what other teens and young adults are talking about and access information from medical professionals and Hydrocephalus Association support staff.
Teens Take Charge:
Community Voices: Experience inspiration, hope and support in these personal stories shared by other teens and young adults in our community.
Community Networks: Connect with teens and young adults who are navigating experiences similar to yours. Visit these portals:
- Local Community Networks
- Hydrocephalus Association Facebook Page
- Teen and Young Adult Facebook Page
- Teen and Young Adult Twitter Feed
- Hydrocephalus Association WALK
- National Conference on Hydrocephalus