Take Action: Submit your comments to DOE TODAY!
Comments due TODAY, September 20 11:59 PM (ET)
Preserve regulations that protect the Hydrocephalus Community!
On February 24, 2017, President Trump signed Executive Order 13777 which established federal policy to alleviate unnecessary regulatory burdens on the American people. Section 3(a) of the Executive Order directs Federal agencies to establish a Regulatory Task Force. One the requirements of the Task Force is to evaluate existing regulations and make recommendations to the agency head regarding repeal, replacement or modification to existing regulations and guidance documents. The Department of Education is accepting comments on the Proposed Rule: Evaluation of Existing Regulations. Many of these regulations and guidance documents that benefit and assist the hydrocephalus community are at risk of being rescinded, modified or replaced by the Department of Education.
Below are some key issues that are at stake:
- Assistance to States for the Education of Children with Disabilities (Part 300)
- Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities (Part 303)
- Service Obligations under Special Education Personnel Development to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities (Part 304)
- Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects and Centers Program (Part 350)
- Disability and Rehabilitation Research: Research Fellowships (Part 356)
Interested in learning more about the regulations and guidance the Department of Education is considering? Check out the link here.
What you can do to make a difference:
Let your voice be heard—tell your personal story. Submit your comments detailing why the Department of Education should preserve these regulations. Explain how these regulations have helped you or your family and why such guidance(s) are so important for the hydrocephalus community.