Dealing with your child’s hydrocephalus diagnosis can be overwhelming. It’s common to have countless questions that range from learning more about what hydrocephalus is to what one can expect a child’s experience to be across the life spectrum. Some parents may need medically urgent questions answered and others may be searching for answers to much broader questions.
YOU’RE NOT ALONE, and the Hydrocephalus Association has created this portal as a resource for all of your questions. The journey of raising a child with hydrocephalus may be challenging and we’re committed to providing information to help you make the best decisions, advocate for your child, and connect with other parents.
The Hydrocephalus Association provides essential tools and resources that enable you to have more control of your life. We provide the following documentation and can help connect you with resources for questions or issues you may encounter.
- About Hydrocephalus Booklet
- A Teacher’s Guide to Hydrocephalus
- Social Skills Development in Children with Hydrocephalus
- Learning Disabilities in Children with Hydrocephalus
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Syndrome (NLDS)
- Individualized Education Programs: Communication Skills for Parents
- Transition Initiative: Moving from Pediatric to Adult Care
- Healthcare Transition Guide for Teens and Young Adults
- College and Hydrocephalus
- Questions for your Doctor: Parents of Children with Hydrocephalus
- Ask the Expert Video Series
- National Conference on Hydrocephalus Sessions for Parents
What are the topics we are receiving the most inquiries on right now? Through blogs, articles and videos, we provide you with information from medical professionals and Hydrocephalus Association support staff on the topics that are important to you.
Meet parents and caregivers who are navigating similar experiences with their children. Visit these portals:
Be informed and current about hydrocephalus by tuning into interactive, free webinars on a variety of topics.