The Hydrocephalus Association proudly offers sixteen scholarships to young adults with hydrocephalus. Each scholarship is in the amount of $1,000 and is awarded in June. The application period for the 2017 scholarship cycle has ended. Applications are currently being reviewed and applicants will be notified. The application period for the 2018 scholarship cycle will begin in January, 2018. Please e-mail email@example.com with questions or requests for additional information.
- To apply for a scholarship please visit our online application.
- Follow the instructions, complete and submit the online application.
- All applications must be completed by the posted deadline (Deadline is given when the application period begins in January. The deadline is normally the end of March).
- The Scholarship Selection Committee appreciates more rather than less information about you. When answering the questions, please be as detailed and complete as possible.
- Through our scholarship website, email the person you have chosen to recommend you for the scholarship.
- We suggest you ask a teacher, counselor, employer, or coach to write on your behalf.
The person recommending you cannot be a relative.
- Ask them to submit the online Recommendation Form by the Deadline.
- About February 15, check to make sure that the person you have asked for a recommendation remembers to submit it online so that it arrives by the deadline.
- Completed scholarship Applications and Recommendation Letters must be received no later than the deadline. Scholarship applicants with an incomplete Application and/or Recommendation Letter will not be eligible for the scholarship. There will be no exceptions.
- If you have questions, please email David E. Roberts.
Information and Criteria
- Scholarship applicants MUST have hydrocephalus.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age or older.
- Scholarship funds must be used for educational purposes such as a two or four-year college, a high school post-graduate year to prepare for college, technical or trade school, an accredited employment-training program or a post-graduate program.
- The scholarship funds may be used for tuition, books, housing or an expense directly related to the education experience.
- Completed Scholarship Applications and Recommendation Letters must be submitted no later than the posted deadline for the specific year.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee of the Hydrocephalus Association has sole authority of awarding the scholarships.
- No financial qualifications will be used in determining scholarship recipients.
- Scholarships are non-renewable, and we invite you to submit an application each year if you have not previously been awarded a scholarship.
- The amount of each scholarship is $1,000.
- The scholarship recipients for HA’s 2017 scholarship cycle will be announced and awarded by July 2017.
- The scholarship recipients for HA’s 2017 TTC scholarship will be announced in September 2017 and awarded by July 2017.